Tuesday, April 12, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Day 3

Day 3's theme is songs that make you happy. Bit of a strange topic for me in some ways, do they means songs I listen to when I am feeling down so that I feel better, or songs I listen to when I am happy? I am going to assume that both are acceptable, and that may make my 3 selections somewhat weird.....

Track 1 - "Today" - Smashing Pumpkins



The first time I listened to Billy Corgan and co was back in Uist when a friend lent me "Siamese Dream", and it simply blew me away. "Today" was the highlight of the album, quickly followed by "Disarm". That riff, the juxtaposition of the distorted guitars and soaring chorus never fail to make me smile.

Track 2 - "Come on Eileen" - Dexys Midnight Runners



If you can listen to this song and not tap your foot and smile, then you must be dead.

Track 3 - "Live It Up" - Mental As Anything



Just a great feel good tune, catchy chorus (which make the wife roll her eyes as I sing it in the car!).

Of the three track there, I think the one that makes me happiest when I listen to it has to be the one from Down Under - Live It Up it is!

1 comment:

Little Lion Man said...

I'd have gone for the Pumpkins personally but I Loved live it up.....was one of my 1st singles ever bought.Thanks mate!